- To create a collaborative network of Dance Movement Therapy Professionals offering ethical supervised services
- To create awareness of DMT within the country
- To put India as a collective on the DMT world map
- To create a systemic change in monitoring its member’s practice to create safety for DMT service users
- To create an integrative network of professionals with other creative arts therapies and associations
- To work with the government and create a regulated licensing system of practice
- To bring together and standardise the quality of training programs that can be affiliated to the association
Professional Practice: We support the development of responsible, professional, and ethical practice of Dance Movement Therapy in India.
Respect: We are committed to upholding the rights, dignity, and choice of all people.
Inclusivity and Diversity: We value diversity in the experiences of communities and individuals; and embody and promote the practice of inclusivity.
Non-Discrimination: We advocate for non-discrimination within the association with regard to but not limited to race, ethnicity, language, national origin, religion, political ideologies, age, sex, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, and socioeconomic status.
Integrity: We encourage communicating and engaging with our associates in honest ways.
Collective Effort: We believe that meaningful exchanges are created in the collaborative sharing of skills, ideas, knowledge, perspectives, and experiences.
Founding Board Members
Lifetime Board Members
For Information regarding Board Members and Committee Members, please visit the Board and Committees page. To apply to be a committee member please click the link mentioned on that page.
IADMT’s official holidays for 2021-22 are available for your reference below.